Monday, April 30, 2007

Do I look like a Mario Party Person?

So I was in Gamestop yesterday, when I got the Nyko Wii Charge Station (which is a very cool 3rd party product) and the girl behind the counter started her speech. I feel for her, I do. I used to work for Funcoland, which was eventually bought out by Gamestop and they had the same stupid upsell policies. Gotta push all the high margin crap that no one really wants. We used to sell subscriptions to Game Informer magazine and console cleaners, they still sell subscriptions to game informer and now they push video game & accessory preorders.

Anyways, she asks me if Id like to preorder anything, to which I politely state, "There is nothing coming out for the Wii that I want to preorder for some time."

She replies, as she is opening the pre-order book they have on the counter, "How about Mario Party 8?"

To which I reply, once again sternly but politely, "Do I look like a Mario Party Person?" Even though, I am, I don't look it.

She got the point, I thought, so she said, "Have you seen the new Mortal Kombat: Armageddon?"

"Yes" was all she got from me on that one.

"It has the coolest new control scheme, have you considered pre-ordering that one?"

"Not my kind of game", this time only sternly...the politeness was leaving me.

I bought my stuff and left. What I really wanted to tell her was, "I'm sorry you work for a mega billion dollar corporation that forces you to degrade yourself into a high pressure sales position without the glory or high commission return of say, a car salesman. I suggest killing yourself." But that wouldn't of been very nice.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Darv said...

"I suggest killing yourself." But that wouldn't of been very nice."

How emo of you =p

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home