Thursday, April 12, 2007

An Ode To My Wonderful Wife

So the wife was reading the last couple posts I made and asked me why I decide to post the stuff I do? What makes me want to start ranting about health and weight? It just comes to me. I feel like I need to express something and I take 5 minutes and I'm done. It's not a great literary piece or anything that going to get published. It's just one post on one guy's blog that hardly anyone reads. So she then says, how come you don't post anything about me (She must of missed those posts for when she was out of town )? In all seriousness though, my wife Susan doesn't get near the respect and acknowledgment that she is deserving of.

Susan is a wonderful woman, fantastic Mother, and has the most open heart of anyone I've every personally known. She takes her responsibilities very seriously and loves unconditionally. There is no doubt in my mind or in the minds of our children that Susan is the standard to which love should be judged against. I can say this because I see the anger in her eyes at times. There are people in her life that have hurt her greatly over the years, most of them close family members, and for the most part she still cares about them. She may not like them. She may not want to be around them. She still does care about their general well being.

Take her younger sister Anna for example. This child, who we raised as our own for 6 years, became a horrible plague on our home. She brought anger and hostility in far greater measure than typical teen angst should ever have allowed, and to no fault of our own, she has failed to develop into a useful member of society. In fact, she is a leach who is not yet ready to come to terms with responsibility and self worth. She has hurt us greatly over the years and in some people's minds would be deserving of a complete disownment. Not us though. Not my wife. She worries constantly about Anna's well being and the well being of her baby daughter. Susan struggles daily internally about wanting to take her in and try to save her versus letting her come to terms on her own. It's a constant conversation around our home with no real solution. The point, however, isn't how Anna can be saved or helped, it's that my wife is the kind of person that can forgive, forget, and still love.

And you should see her with our children. Never in my life have I seen kids so loved. These kids have never known the pain and heartache that my wife went through as a child. They have never feared for there well being. They have never feared that someone won't love them. They don't really know fear at all.

My wife loves me. I don't give her near the appreciation that I should and I certainly don't show her how much she means to me often enough, but I do love her. I have never felt a moment of doubt in our relationship that my wife has faltered in loving me. She has always been there for me and we have had times that have tested that love in the past and every time, Susan was still there for me to pick me up or kick my butt and get me moving in the right direction.

So I toast my wife, an Ode to the woman I love. Let this be just a portion of the total expression of love that I have for you, the mother of my children, the love of my life. I love you.

Mikey

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Deekin said...

You do make some good posts that I like to read from time to time. different is good.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Thanks. You are my #1 reader, me thinks.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so nice. Wish more husbands were like you in letting their wives know how much they mean to them. And I read you too, I just don't comment that often, haha

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home