Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Don't Waste a Day. Learn Something.

I can't stress enough how important it is to constantly educate yourself. I know many people get into a job and a way of life and never advance their self intellectually. I was there. So I'm trying to combat that with the little self-helps on the internet.

I highly recommend everyone should sign up for A Word A Day. Every day you are emailed a new word, its definition, history and how to use it in a sentence. Surprisingly, you find yourself using new words in conversation and in emails. If you have a spare second or two, you might want to check out a Random Wikipedia Article, Today I learned about Peter Svidler, the Chess player.

If you need some guidance on a subject or just need to talk to like minded people, I might suggest a Yahoo Group. Here you can find individual groups of like minded, or like hobbied people that you can gain ideas from or through ideas around on. Subjects range from coping with miscarriage to teen mothers to painting Christmas miniatures. Check it out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darv said...

Here's one then:

http://statspuzzles.blogspot.com/

Daily Brainteaser ^_^

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home