Thursday, April 27, 2006

Judgment Day

For those that have been following the audacity that is my 10 days of suspence, the big day is upon us. I'm sure you will find this to be a complete let down as this was mostly an exercise to get me to start posting more frequently, but it had a purpose, and I don't really care. Although it is doubtful on how successful it was. Let’s go over the clues:

9 Days left & First Clue : Curiosity killed the cat

This was a little rhyme I wrote when I was still in junior high school and thought I was Gangster Rapper white boy. Coinsidently, I used to go by the moniker of Count M&M. Strangely, another white boy from Detroit goes by a very similar name. I guess people don't always end up like they start. This is the idea I wanted to get across with my first clue. Only those who are very close to me would remember this, and most don't read this blog anyways, so no one got it.

8 Days : The world looks mighty good to me

This was the Tootsie Roll theme song from the early 70's, although I do believe the commercials are still being played today. I used to sing this song out loud and very loud at that when I was a child to get attention. Once again, only those close to me when I was younger would of understood this clue. I never said these clues would be easily solved.

7 Days : (Ring Photo)

This was just an amusing clue for the most part, an attention getter if you will. This is from the movie, The Ring (or Ringu in Japan). The movie had a horror tone where the people would only have 7 days to live after watching a haunted video cassette. I thought it fitting. You're all gonna die.

6 days : What do Caravaggio and Theo Tresbend have in common?

Caravaggio was a famous Italian painter, made more famous recently due to a book released called The Lost Painting, which told about his life and the search for one of his greatest pieces thought lost for hundreds of years. Two points in this part of the clue. First, Caravaggio wasn't his real name, it was actually Leonardo, but he hailed from the city of Caravaggio, so history deceitfully changed his name. Second, he was in a bar fight where he killed a man. This leads us to Theo Tresbend. Theo was a union guy who worked in Management in the 40's and 50's. He was on the side of the workers and would of been a prominent figure in Michigan Union politics had he not been in a bar fight where he killed a man, or so the story is told. I met Theo when I was a child in a bar with my father where he told this story all the time. He said he served 15 years in prison and was thusly ruined, became a drunk and did nothing with his life till he died some years later. The story came out after he died that Theo was just a liar and told that story to impress local bar patrons, mostly women. The truth is, he was just a Drunk and was unemployed most of his lifeand never did anything important in his life.

5 Days : Have you ever wondered what crow actually tastes like?

With 5 days into this 10 day process, I wondered if this would just be me putting my foot in my mouth. A few family members had been trying to figure this out and I believed would be let down by the whole ordeal. I, of course, decided to continue with my 10 day project, regardless of the outcome. This wasn't much of a clue as it was a statement.

4 days : 2, 6, 35, 10, 12, 5, 5

These were the unique visitor numbers to my web site since I started my 10 day project. It drops on the weekends. My average is about 4 unique visitors \ day. The 2, was the day before this all began.

4 days : Philippe Petit has the right ideas on this.

Philippe is a French high wire artist known for his daring bravado in publicity stunts that could get him killed. Have you figured out where I'm going with this yet?

3 days : Like Natasha was for Piers Anthony

Natasha was a character in the Incarnations of Immortality saga by Piers Anthony. Natasha spelled backwards is "Ah Satan". He was know for being a liar and someone who twists the truth for his own gains.

2 Days : (Photo of Saddam Statue being brought down)

At the time these photos were taken throughout Iraq, they came with great emotional sentiment. However, it was later told that these pictures were, at many times, staged by U.S. forces and our allies as a sort of publicity stunt or propaganda during the early stages of the Second Iraq War.

1 day and Final Clue : GoldenPalace.com

GoldenPalace.com is an online gambling site which has received recognition as being involved in the purchase of many strange and unique items and other expenditures for publicity. Some items would be the Image of the Virgin Mary in the grilled cheese sandwich, a kidney stone that once resided in William Shatner's body, and the naming rights to a new species of Monkey now known as the Goldenpalace.com monkey.

So what was I trying to do? Well, if it’s not obvious, this was a publicity stunt. One by which I hoped to garner more attention and viewers to my blog. Had I actually supplemented these 10 day entries with actual content this may have been a success. I gained a few new viewers on average so I intend to start a vigorous campaign of bloging soon. Sorry if it was a big let down. It was fun for me at least. Thanks for reading.

2 Comments:

Blogger Darv said...

i liek pie

10:13 AM  
Blogger Mikey said...

Yeah. Pie is good.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home